Thursday, January 26, 2012

My daughter the comedienne

The things that come out of this girl's mouth ASTOUND us on a daily basis. Her usage and understanding of high-level vocabulary and advanced sentence structure aside, sometimes she's just hilarious. A few of her bon mots as of late...

January 25, before bed:
Me: "Natalie, you need to finish that cereal so we can brush your teeth." (in a cup she spied after her bath and HAD to have because she's going through some kind of lumberjack growth spurt)
Natalie: (smiles wanly and gives me a mischievous look while raising a single piece of cereal as slowly as possible to her lips)
Me: "I'm waiting." (I lean in to take the cup)
Natalie: (as she palms my forehead) "You need to get away your face from me."

January 23, right after Grandma's birthday dinner:
Keith: "Shhhhh! Natalie--let's play the Quiet Game."
Natalie: "Okay."
(quiet ensues for about 45 seconds)
Natalie: (whispering) "I wanna play the Loud Game."

January 16, while Daddy was making dinner:
Keith: "I'm going to make some yummy oatmeal this morning."
Natalie: "But I want eggs and sausage."
Keith: "Sometimes we eat healthier foods like oatmeal, so that's what I'm making."
Natalie: "That's a waste of time."

January 23, while driving home from Nana's house in San Diego:
Natalie: "It's very curious. Yes, curious."
Me: "What's curious?"
Natalie: "No. You do not say that word. I say that word. Don't talk to me. I'm talking to myself."

January 13, at home:
Natalie decided which Disney characters we all were tonight. Here's the break-down--
Natalie: Rapunzel
Mommy (Me): Aurora (Sleeping Beauty's real name)
Zachary: Prince Phillip
Daddy (Keith): Nemo

January 9, during one of Zach's naps:
Natalie: "My brother is crying! I need to go tend to him!"

January 8, on a nice Sunday morning:
Keith: "Natalie, what are you doing?"
Natalie: "Taking off my pants."
Keith: "I can see that, but why?"
Natalie: "Because it's not cold in here anymore."

January 4, during a quiet moment at home:
Me: "Natalie, we shouldn't be watching movies with Z-man because he's a baby and he really shouldn't be watching TV."
Natalie: "Okay, then we'll read some books. (pulls books from the shelf) These books. That's my plan. We have to be real quiet and we can't get up. Okaaaayyy?"